Senior PHP/Laravel Software Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to become an integral part of our team! As a Senior Backend Engineer, we expect you to use your understanding of backend technologies and experience with software engineering to help build and scale the infrastructure that will power our ride sharing platform.
- Build our backend infrastructure.
- Work in sync with website and mobile apps developers to deliver cohesive and timely backend services.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Develop automated tests and maintain code quality.
- Track, diagnose, and repair application errors, performance issues, and deployment issues.
- Be involved and drive product & design discussions.
- Deliver high quality features at high velocity.
- Help us scale our infrastructure.
- Perform routine software maintenance.
- Seasoned with building backend systems at scale.
- Must have strong product design sense.
- Mastery of REST APIs and web development in general.
- Mastery of Object-Oriented programming and design and SOLID design principles.
- Ability to build a feature from scratch & drive it to completion.
- Willingness to learn new technology, whatever lets you deliver the best product.
- Worked on projects that have reached millions of customers and have individually contributed to many consumer-facing features.
- Proficient in PHP, Laravel framework, and NodeJS.
- Ability to dive into large existing projects and contribute by narrowing down and quickly understand relevant parts of the system.
- Must have a pragmatic and agnostic approach to coding, with no specific preference for any language/framework, and understanding when to (and when not to) apply certain design patterns and refactoring, based on many years of experience with several large projects.
- Proficiency with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Must be deadline and detail-oriented.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please answer the following questions and send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Senior Backend Software Engineer.
- What framework do you use for REST APIs in Laravel?
- How familiar are you with Apiato framework?
- How many years experience do you have with PHP/Laravel?
- How many years experience do you have with NodeJS?
- Are you experienced with automated testing?
- Where did you hear about this job posting?